Tags: Fair Isle, Memes, Mittens
From Knit Once, Purl Forever.
- List your finished objects, or just list your favorite FO. Unfortunately, I didn’t finish many things. I am attempting to motivate myself to finish them all within a few weeks, but unfortunately by the summer I just don’t knit as much. I DID finish a tea cozy (for my tea pot) and a hat. I’m sure there were a few scarves and things. I also knit a cozy for Tavis’ DS, but he never found a button for me to sew on, so I never completely finished it. I suppose I should probably finish it.
- List your works in progress. Well, let’s see… there’s the mittens and toque for me, mittens for Dan, hat for Les, scarf for Mom, and nanotube for Liz.
- What skeletons are in your knitting basket? I was knitting a pair of mittens in fair isle, but they ended up being really big so I put them on hold until I could redo them with smaller needles and such.
- What’s your favorite project? I really loved knitting the mittens that I eventually had to put off. I’ll get back to them soon, hopefully.
- What project(s) will you never knit again? I can’t think of any that were particularly horrible, fortunately.
- What was your major knitting accomplishment for the last year? I learned how to knit fair isle. Twice.
- What’s your favorite yarn from the last year? Most of the knitting I did was with a bunch of pretty green yarn I bought at the beginning of the year and still haven’t gone through entirely. Quantity over Quality, it was like $5.
- What’s your favorite yarn overall? I really like the merino I’m using. It’s nice and hoity-toity.
- What new knitting techniques have you learned? I learned how to knit mittens, and of course the aforementioned fair isle.
- What are your knitting goals for 2006? I want to try cables, and start crochet. Make a few flowers, finish a mitten/scarf/hat set and try my hand at knitting larger projects like a cardigan. I’m also going to force myself not to buy any yarn for 6 months, so I’m forced to use up the yarn I already have.