Tags: Blog Tools
A few days ago I was talking about a great WordPress plugin that automatically links abbreviations to their translations, and about how that had great applications to the knitting community. A few people expressed their interest in the plugin, and for them, I have Uberknits: an adaptation of the ubernyms plugin that includes knitting acronyms! I spoke to the guy who wrote it, and he told me I could republish it. Yay! Thank you, Joel.
– > Download Uberknits here! < -- To install: unzip the file, upload the ubernyms folder into wp-content/plugins and then activate the plugin. This version has translations for tons of knitting abbreviations (you can see them at the end of this post). If you think of any other abbreviations that should be added to the list, I'd greatly appreciate you dropping me an email: eve at guzzling cakes dot com. Enjoy!
- DPNs – Double Pointed Needles
- FOs – Finished Object: What you just finished knitting, aka Finished Project
- FPs – Finished Project: What you just finished knitting, aka Finished Object
- KIP – Knit In Public
- KAL – Knit-along: When a bunch of knitters all knit the same thing, usually using a forum or a communal blog.
- LYS – Local Yarn Store
- LYSO – Local Yarn Store Owner
- UFO – Unfinished Object
- WIP – Work in Progress: What you’re currently knitting
- SnB – Stitch ‘N Bitch
- VK – Vogue Knitting
- IK – Interweave Knits: A popular knitting magazine.
- BO – Bind Off
- inc – Increase
- psso – Pass slipped stitch over
- p2tog – Purl two stitches together
- k2tog – Knit two stitches together
- St st – stockinette stitch
- SAHM – Stay At Home Mom
- OSW – One Skein Wonder