WIP Progress Bars Plugin has been shuttled off to beta testing!

Thursday, September 28th, 2006

Plugin Preview

I’m so excited. I sent my WordPress plugin off to my beta testers yesterday, and I’m already getting feedback! I love how it turned out. There are still a few problems in the interface that I’d like to straighten out, but in general it’s a-okay.

I’ve implemented the plugin on my own blog, and you can see the dynamically updated progress bars now on my sidebar. Yes, there are quite a lot of 0%s, but (with the help of the little planning calendar I scripted yesterday) I’m only slated to work on four of them at a time and most of them are to be started at least a month from now. Maybe I should add a script that displays only progress bars presently being worked on, instead of displaying every unfinished project in the database. Something to think about.

I’m always willing to take on extra beta testers, so if you’d like to beta test, send me an email!

9 Comments to “WIP Progress Bars Plugin has been shuttled off to beta testing!”

1. VERY cool, i want one for movable type lol

pixie
    September 28, 2006 @ 12:17 pm
  2. Very cool – I’m going to send you an email!

Comment by Linda
    September 28, 2006 @ 5:41 pm
  3. oi.. I got the plug in I need to get it in there before I wipe out my computer and start IT from scratch! wahhh!! Thanks! I’ll try to get it done this weekend!

Comment by Denise
    September 29, 2006 @ 3:00 pm
  4. [...] If you might have noticed, I added Eve’s new WordPress plug-in which gives me WIP tracking progress bars. The bars change color as the WIPs go from start to finish. Let us hope that the bars reach their completion and disappear off the page. Eve also has a “Pretty in Pink” contest going on too. Come on out and jump on the bandwagon! Now I need to “Get ‘er done! [...]

Pingback by Some Bunny’s Love » Blog Archive » Surfing Yarn in October
    October 7, 2006 @ 7:24 pm
  5. Hi there, I’m hunting for a wip plugin for wordpress, are you still looking for testers, or is your plugin ready to go? I really like the look of it.

Comment by Jax
    November 25, 2006 @ 6:26 am
  6. Like the previous commenter, I’m also searching for a progress bar plugin for wordpress. I just thought I would leave a note and see if yours was available now.
    Thanks!

Comment by Amy
    January 16, 2007 @ 4:15 pm
  7. Hiya! I was one of your beta testers (albeit probably a very bad one) but I am popping in here with one more bug. I am honestly not sure if this would be considered a bug with the plugin, or with my theme. But I am using K2, which has a built-in widget manager. When I enable this plugin, it disables the widget manager. I was able to get the widget manager to put in the progress bars, by turning off the plugin, adding in a “php widget” and putting your php line of code in it, setting up all my other widgets the way I wanted them, and then re-activating the plugin.

Comment by whichy
    February 14, 2007 @ 3:01 pm
  8. I’ll try to figure out what’s wrong. I tried K2 with WordPress 2 and activating widgets breaks the blog, so it might be an issue with K2… Does anyone else have this problem? If you do, let me know which version of K2 and WordPress you’re using.

February 15, 2007 @ 11:27 am
  9. “you can see the bars up and working, but any time I want to make a change to my side bar, I have to de-activate this plugin make my changes and then re-activate the plugin.”

same problem with my k2 theme.

And also the date and time. The time zone where I’m in is +4. During completion and posting, the date and time should be Sept 8, 2007 11pm but it shows Sept 9, 2007 3am.

Comment by Pinoy Writer