Finished Jaywalkers: My first socks!

Thursday, October 5th, 2006

Jaywalkers

Happy Socktober! These are my groin-kicking shoes, which have now become my sock-modeling shoes. You’ll be seeing quite a lot of my feet this month; for Socktober, I’m going to be modeling all my favourite socks for sockspiration.

Jaywalkers, started August 4th, 2006, finished September 22nd, 2006
Pattern: Jaywalker
Yarn: Regia 4-Ply Mini-Ringel Sock Yarn in Maid Marian
Needles: 2.25mm DPNs
Dimensions: One a bit wider than the other (I knit the second one at a tighter gauge, I think), but they fit quite well.
Pattern Notes: These are my first ever socks! I really like them. One problem I had with the pattern was that it specified things by numbered needles, but never said which number was which. Aside from that, really fun to knit.
Would I knit it again? Sure thing. I want to knit a pair toe-up, because I have just a little left of the Regia that I may as well use up. Hopefully it’ll be enough for a pair of anklets.

Jaywalkers

15 Comments to “Finished Jaywalkers: My first socks!”

1. so cute! congrats on your first socks!!!!!

stacey
    October 5, 2006 @ 10:01 am
  2. Okay, the socks are completely fab… but so are the shoes!! I need more info on where I can find such cute footwear!

Comment by Rete
    October 5, 2006 @ 10:51 am
  3. They’re from Transit, which I believe is based in Quebec. It’s pretty big up here in Canada. The line is called “Spring,” and I’ve got at least 3 different pairs of inexpensive Spring shoes. They’re all mega-sexy and under $30. That’s $30 CANADIAN!

October 5, 2006 @ 11:10 am
  4. So hot. Love them jaywalkers!

Comment by Liz K.
    October 5, 2006 @ 11:12 am
  5. really cute, I haven’t done socks yet, the dpns are too scary

Comment by Mama Urchin
    October 5, 2006 @ 11:19 am
  6. Great socks! and I love the shoes! Spring shoes rock.

Comment by carol
    October 5, 2006 @ 1:43 pm
  7. I love the colors! Great job on your first pair of socks! Congrats!!

Comment by Claire
    October 6, 2006 @ 1:04 pm
  8. Mama Urchin, there are other methods of knitting socks besides using DPN’s. I knit two socks at a time using two circular needles. Most people using two circulars just knit one at a time. There’s also the Magic Loop method, which uses one long circular needle. I’m rather intimidated by DPN’s as well, and love using circulars!

Comment by Claire
    October 6, 2006 @ 1:07 pm
  9. Love the socks – and the shoes! I’ve had 2 unsuccessful attempts at Jaywalker (due to yarn choices) but after seeing your version I’m ready to go again! Third time lucky…

Comment by NORA
    October 7, 2006 @ 3:31 am
  10. Great socks — wonderful colours, and they look like they fit very well!

Ummm, groin-kicking shoes? Yikes.

Comment by Dave
    October 7, 2006 @ 10:05 am
  11. OH NOES!

I meant to include a disclaimer that I don’t actually kick groins. Seriously, I have trouble capturing flies and moving them outside because I don’t want to hurt them.

October 7, 2006 @ 10:55 am
  12. Those are absolutely gorgeous! I am so impressed that you picked something challenging for your first sock. I am only just now working on a lace sock and it is my fourth pair! Way to go!

Comment by LunarAwe
    October 8, 2006 @ 12:01 am
  13. Fantastic socks! I can’t believe they are your first pair. Congratulations! If this is the sign of things to come, you are going to have the most fashionable feet on campus.

Comment by Brenda
    October 8, 2006 @ 8:07 pm
  14. Great first socks!! Once again, I love your pictures.

Comment by Kimberly
    October 10, 2006 @ 10:07 am
  15. [...] I-cord Garter stitch Knitting with metal wire (unless chain maille counts) Shawl Stockinette stitch Socks: top-down Socks: toe-up Knitting with camel yarn Mittens: Cuff-up Mittens: Tip-down Hat Knitting with silk [...]

Pingback by Needle Exchange » Meme Meme Meme