Socktoberfest Sockspiration #12: MVB (Most Valuable Bear)

Wednesday, October 25th, 2006
Tags: , ,

These are my Paddington slippers. They’re not technically a sock, but I decided to post them anyway. I find them hilarious, especially when worn with jeans. I like to pretend I’m an urban bear with glamorous friends (Sister Berenstain is such a tramp but we’re still tight) and a successful job as a stockbroker. My bearness is never an issue — not even to the most superstitious of my colleagues — and I’ve only ever been blamed once for a bear market. (In all fairness I did tell all my friends to sell Nortel, but the alleged paw prints on all their accounting documents were never successfully traced back to me.) I’m on the go all the time, and I’m never without my Sidekick. There’s too much honey to eat, and not enough time in the day to eat it in.

Paddington Slippers

The sexy bend-at-the-knee shot:

Paddington Slippers

Work it for me baby:

Paddington Slippers

It’s hard to see, but if you look closely at the following photo you will recognize the typical teen fashion shot from the 80s and 90s. Stay cool!

Paddington Slippers

6 Comments to “Socktoberfest Sockspiration #12: MVB (Most Valuable Bear)”

1. Whoa. Totally recognized the teen fashion shot. Uncanny! I think my sister kept drawing people’s feet that way until she was about 16.

Arlette
    October 25, 2006 @ 7:14 am
  2. Hehehehe – the prospect of an ursine Kenneth Lay makes me LOL.

What kind of teen fashion shot is without Jodphurs?!?!

Comment by Kate
    October 25, 2006 @ 7:21 am
  3. They look so warm & comfy!

Comment by Carol
    October 25, 2006 @ 10:30 am
  4. Hahaha, Arlette, I think I did the same thing when I was a kid.

Oh my goodness, Jodhpurs? I didn’t even know they were called that. Dear Lord! I’m so glad we’ve made it to the 00′s.

Carol, they are indeed warm and comfy. The only problem is that they sometimes fall off my feet when I walk up the stairs because they’re so big. I like to think it’s because my feet are so dainty..

October 25, 2006 @ 12:11 pm
  5. eve, those slippers are awesome. i have to admit that i have the same problem with slippers falling off my feet and have fallen up the stairs too many times to count in fact. painful! now i only wear slippers that aren’t too big. falling hurts.

question: for the pretty in pink contest, does it count if i donate my project to a silent auction where proceeds are going to the united way?

Comment by nananabatman
    October 25, 2006 @ 1:17 pm
  6. Oh I LOVE ‘em! At least you fall UP stairs & not down. Not good for the face tho. But going down might break your neck … or paws.

BTW, they’re taking in hats at Seed Stitch thru November until Dec. 24 … now that I think of it … I THINK it’s Dec. 24. Around that time anyway. I’ll have to ask about that when I deliver my hats on Nov. 1st. So there’s still time to knit one up … in your spare time that is. I gave up housework, but I might have to give up sleep also. Going to a spinning class tonight. Can you believe it?

Comment by Stitchingnut