Hair Grows Back

Thursday, February 1st, 2007

I just got a haircut. It’s a “nice” haircut. And by “nice,” I mean I want to walk back into the salon and up to the woman who cut my hair and shave it off right in front of her to show her just how horrified I am.

Here is what my hair used to look like:

Hair

It was a bit longer, but you get the idea.

These are the pictures I showed her:

Hair

I specifically emphasized that I wanted to keep most of my length; just above the boob, but no shorter.

This is how she cut it:

Hair

Coincidentally, the girl who recommended this hairdresser has exactly the same cut.

Four hours ago I had to work to get my hair to fit into a bun. Now I can barely tie a pony-tail. And she wanted me to recommender her to other people? Here’s a recommendation: if you live in 1998 and you want to pay $50 to look like Jennifer Aniston, regardless of what you asked for, go to Bonnie at Chez T’s. There’s your f*cking recommendation.

SHE CUT OFF A FOOT OF MY HAIR. SHE CUT OFF A F*CKING FOOT OF MY F*CKING HAIR!!! AUUUUGGGGHHH! AUGH!

10 Comments to “Hair Grows Back”

1. Oh dear, a really, really “bad hair day” …

Rhonda the Stitchingnut
    February 1, 2007 @ 3:48 pm
  2. Much much sympathy. :cry:

Comment by Liz K.
    February 1, 2007 @ 3:57 pm
  3. I HATE it when a hairdresser does that! If you want a good hairdresser, go see Martha at Human Groomin’ on Sydenham st. I have NEVER had a bad haircut from this woman. Ever. In 16 years. I like my hair long. That’s what I get. I freakin’ love this hairdresser. Seriously. Go.

Comment by Carol
    February 1, 2007 @ 4:42 pm
  4. I was thinking about Human Groomin’, but I heard they were really expensive. Seeing as I just paid $50 for a woman to BUTCHER me, I’ll have to check them out next time. Nothing can be as awful as this.

February 1, 2007 @ 4:48 pm
  5. I second the Human Groomin’ recommendation. I used to go there when I lived in Kingston. It was a stretch on my meager grad student stipend, but worth it.

Comment by thraceknits
    February 1, 2007 @ 7:20 pm
  6. I’m really, really sorry. I used to be a hairstylist AND I have long hair which I am very protective of. I had tons and tons of long-haired clients because I never took off more than the client and I agreed on. I actually used a ruler to measure the amount. If someone brought me a long-haired cut I didn’t think I could do, I turned them over to someone else. I wish more stylists would do this.

My sympathies. :cry:

Comment by Gina
    February 1, 2007 @ 7:41 pm
  7. Yeah, Martha isn’t a cheap hair stylist, but if I say I want 1 inch off, then that’s all she cuts. And if I tell her I want something that won’t work, she tells me that BEFORE she cuts and we go through pictures to pick out something that will work. I’m not sure what her current rate is, she just closed her shop and went into Human Groomin, but jeez $50 for a hack job? That sucks. At her own salon, Martha was chargin $75 for a cut AND colour. I imagine a cut would be in the $50 range.

Comment by Carol
    February 1, 2007 @ 10:50 pm
  8. Man, that sucks. Especially to us “longhairs” who get emotioally attached to things like begin able to pull our hair into buns or frnch twists without a million bobby-pins. Loss of The Hair requires serious knitting therapy; my sympathies to you!

Next time you feel you can trust anyone near you with scissors, I’d reccommend DIva Salon — I think they’re areound $35 for a cut, and it’s a really nice place. I only had 3 haircuts from them, (I saw Jonathon), but I was very sad to move away and have contemplated going back up to K-town just to get my hair cut there! Never, however, go the place on Queen’s campus…

Comment by Emily
    February 2, 2007 @ 2:35 pm
  9. Depending on how you paid for your cut, there are a few ways to proceed in getting justice for this. If it was a credit card, then when it hits your bill, immediately file a dispute with your credit card company. Tell them how you were butchered, and how humiliated you are. They agree to provide a service in exchange for your money, and obviously this witch doesn’t know a damn thing, so since they didn’t fulfill their obligation to you, then you don’t have to pay them. If you used a check or cash, then call up the salon and ask for the manager. Ask to speak with her in private, not mentioning anything to the receptionist about why you are calling. Then, explain to her what happened, and ask for a refund. If she offers to give you a free hair cut at a later point in time, ask for the amount to be immediately used towards products available in the salon (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) instead of suffering through months of waiting for your hair to get long enough to even consider another haircut. I took suffered through a highlight job that caused me to look bald, it was so bleached. The regrowth was so horrendously dark, that I had to dye the whole thing

Comment by Gayle Schultz
    February 11, 2007 @ 11:53 am
  10. :( I haven’t had my hair cut in over 2 years because of this. The last haircut was 3 months before my wedding for a reason — I was worried it’d be butchered but still felt it had to be cut (stupid me). I kept my veil on the entire night to hide the horror that was my hair three months later. I’m thinking of teaching my husband how to trim the ends because it’s starting to need it. You have my sympathy!

Comment by penny