WordPress Progress Bars Plugin: version 1.0!

Monday, February 5th, 2007

8% Progress 32% Progress 65% Progress 100% Progress

Manage all your projects within a single WordPress interface, and display your progress with pride! Visit my home page to see this plugin’s progress bars in action.

Download the Progress Bars!
Download!

To use the bars:

1. Download and unzip the progress bars zip file.
  2. Upload the “progress_bars” folder to your wp-content/plugins/ folder.
  3. Activate the plugin within the Plugins section of WordPress.
  4. Manage your projects and set your preferences in Manage >> Progress Bars.
  5. If you have widgets support, add the widget to your sidebar. Otherwise, copy and paste the following into your sidebar: <?php if (function_exists(‘display_progress_bars’)) { display_progress_bars(); } ?>
  6. If you have any questions or find any bugs, contact me by email or leave a comment!

An example of the interface:

Progress Bars Interface

18 Comments to “WordPress Progress Bars Plugin: version 1.0!”

1. [...] there is a new WordPress plugin available that allows you to manage your projects and displays these progress bars in your [...]

Pingback by
    Needle Exchange » Work in Progress Bars
    February 5, 2007 @ 1:02 pm
  2. Very cool, I’m definitely going to give this a shot when I get home! I’ve been thinking about a project-management system for my blog (including a list of completed and future projects), and this is a great starting point.

Comment by kelp!
    February 5, 2007 @ 2:24 pm
  3. Very cool! I’m going to be installing those for sure!

Comment by Cyndi
    February 5, 2007 @ 5:04 pm
  4. Support for images? A “hide” option? SWEET! Something awesome just got even better!

Comment by Arlette
    February 5, 2007 @ 6:59 pm
  5. ahh I still need to do this!! I will get to it.. really.. I still need to seperate out some stuff on my site.. so my blog is simply a blog.. I will get there!
    Then this code is definitely going up!

Comment by Denise
    February 6, 2007 @ 3:35 pm
  6. Thank you! Thank you! I’ve been wanting something like this FOREVER!! :smile:

Comment by Amy
    February 6, 2007 @ 6:58 pm
  7. Oh dear, I don’t know if I can be that organized. Or do I really want to know my progress when I have so many pots on the stove. Or sticks occupied with wool in baskets. Honestly I like this idea, but my old computer probably wouldn’t. Must update soon … very soon. :???:

Comment by Rhonda the Stitchingnut
    February 6, 2007 @ 7:18 pm
  8. Very cool and thank you for sharing! Will this work with Blogger?

Comment by Carol
    February 7, 2007 @ 7:44 am
  9. Sadly, no, it only works on WordPress. There is a previous version, though (that also runs only on servers with php) that doesn’t require WordPress to function.

February 8, 2007 @ 12:25 am
  10. [...] you like my new progress bars on the side? (RSS readers, hey, you know what to do) They are from Eve who rocks. [...]

Pingback by knit: let there be socks! - Penguin Girl - read. knit. write. travel.
    February 14, 2007 @ 12:07 am
  11. [...] loving Eve’s progress bars. :) Of course I have little to update, but I still love [...]

Pingback by knit: a few words, no pictures - Penguin Girl - read. knit. write. travel.
    February 21, 2007 @ 12:06 am
  12. I’m feeling a little dense here. I’ve got the plugin installed, but I scratching my head about the widget you mentioned. Is it a separate file or something included? Thanks, by the way, it’s a pretty awesome addition to wordpress!

Comment by Clay
    March 2, 2007 @ 10:53 am
  13. This completely rocks. Thank you so much! I bow to your geek goddesshood.

Comment by Jen
    April 9, 2007 @ 11:04 am
  14. [...] WordPress Progress Bars Plugin: version 1.0! WIP bar widget for WP; must have own installation. (tags: wordpress blogging) [...]

Pingback by links for 2007-04-16 « Spinstah
    April 16, 2007 @ 5:22 pm
  15. Looks great! Any chance it would be available for a wordpress.com blog?

Comment by sleepycat
    May 22, 2007 @ 1:21 pm
  16. I’m using another version of progress bars but yours are so user friendly. I saw a previous poster’s question regarding Blogger, but didn’t understand your answer. Are you are you content with your current version or working on a version we could paste into a Blogger template/module? (which would be very cool)

Comment by Bonnie
    June 14, 2007 @ 11:15 am
  17. Hope you don’t mind but I posted about your awesome progress bars in Ravelry. I know how much work it took and you deserve a lot of congrats from grateful users like me!

Bunny hugs,
    =:8

Comment by Kimberly from Some Bunny's Love
    July 13, 2007 @ 2:37 pm
  18. This is so awesome! I’m so excited to use this on my website! Thanks!!

Comment by Meredith