Project Spectrum Greys

Sunday, February 11th, 2007
Tags: , , , ,

I’ve only got one project on the go that’s primarily grey. I’m thinking of doing something in a charcoal colour, but no yarn yet purchased.

Brocade Mitten

I started this mitten a little while ago and I got about 4/5 of the way through the first mitten when I decided that it wasn’t going to work. The intent was to use a self-striping yarn for the dominant colour and a background of grey, but because the self-striping went from really dark to really light, it left some grey in the middle that just didn’t pop out enough and the result was more random than I liked. It also striped too quickly; I was hoping for colour changes every 3 or 4 rows, but I got changes every row. On top of that, the yarn was acrylic and it didn’t look like it was going to look nice without blocking, which is not too easy with acrylic. I still love the way it looks and I’m really proud of the pattern I managed to come up with, so this will definitely be a project for the future. Just not with these particular yarns. I may pick up something from Knitpicks to do this up.

Related Posts:

No Comments to “Project Spectrum Greys”

No comments yet.

Comments RSSGet a Gravatar

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.