Tags: Story of my Life
This message is for both knitters and non-knitters! This post is for EVERYONE!
Remember this post? The one that asks you if you want to take part in my fun li’l comic-readin’ study? Well, I’ve now got a web-based version that you can do right in the comfort of your own home. In your pyjamas! Fancy that! Here’s the blurb, carefully cut-and-pasted and slightly manipulated:
The survey I’m conducting is about how people read comic strips. As well as reading the strips, you’ll also be asked to rate them and comment about them. The survey will also involve answering some questions about your personal background (places you’ve lived, your age, nothing too scary), but none of this information will be connected to your name and all of your answers will be kept completely confidential. Please pass this message on to anyone you believe would be interested in participating.
So if you live somewhere with access to the internet (ie, a home, an apartment, Guam, an undersea kingdom (properly grounded)), then you should read some comics for me! I would be extra happy. I’m willing to shell out a few decabucks for this (that means dollars in multiples of ten), so I might even give out some yet-to-be-chosen yarn to a lucky participant. (The overwhelming request has been some sock yarn, so maybe some Socks That Rock or Koigu KPPPM? Or whatever you like, winner’s choice!) I’ll set the deadline at March 31st, and the winner will be announced in April. Here are some specifics:
- I will give an extra point for every extra person you can recruit for this study. If you can, please include their email address so I can contact them directly (but in this case, use the contact form instead of leaving a comment so their email isn’t public).
- Seeing as I’m trying to get an even gender distribution and I realize that more women than men read this blog, I will give double points to any man who volunteers or to any woman who can recruit a significant other / friend who is male.
- So leave me a comment or send me an email, and I’ll show you where you can take part! Also mention what sort of yarn you’d like to receive and I’ll use that to decided what the prize will be.
- Side Note: You don’t have to be a knitter to take part in this. This is a 100% non-knitting study! I’m just posting this here because I know a bunch of people read it, and I’m offering yarn as a prize because most of the people who read this blog would be enticed by the prospect of yarn. So no, you don’t have to be a knitter to take part! You do have to be human, though. Absolutely no dogs!
- If you live in the Kingston area, you’ll get a guaranteed $10 for being a participant in the eyetracking version of this study. Email me if you’re close! It’s just 40 minutes of your time, give or take.
If you’d like to send me an email, you can use this contact form (use this if you’re including any extra emails in the body of your message):
I’d also be extremely grateful if all you wonderful, generous folks could post something on your own blog about this. I need lots of people real quick! I’ve only got a few weeks in order to collect data, so anywhere you can scrape up someone is good in my book. Even the gutter! Hobos read comics too, it’s just that they make houses out of them afterwards.