A special note to my readerz

Thursday, May 17th, 2007

Poodle SheepA friend of mine convinced me to try Google Ads again; I had them before in the hopes to make back some of my hosting fees, but not very much came in. I figure if it makes me $2 a month, that’s still fine, then I only have to pay $8 in hosting fees. Ads are only shown to folks who haven’t commented on my site before. Basically, transitional people will see the ads, but my regular readers—or at least those who have commented—won’t. If you’re a lurker and you don’t want to see the ads, leave a comment and say hi!

For those who made it all this way, here’s a treat for you: news that Japanese rich folks (and a famous actress) accidentally bought sheep that were cleverly disguised as poodles. Hilarious!

7 Comments to “A special note to my readerz”

1. I wish my neighbors were as uninformed as these people. I’d love to pass a herd of sheep off as poodles.

Karen
    May 17, 2007 @ 12:08 pm
  2. Sorry to disappoint, but I heard that that was just an urban legend. (According to Snopes.com and at least one other source, I think.)

Comment by naomi
    May 17, 2007 @ 1:21 pm
  3. Naomi is right. Here’s the snopes link. http://www.snopes.com/critters/lurkers/poodlesheep.asp

It was a hilarious story, though! Thanks for the laugh. ;-)

Comment by Carly
    May 17, 2007 @ 1:46 pm
  4. I got caught by the sheep story as well, I posted it up to one of the public spinning forums at Livejournal. We all got a good laugh before it got caught by snopes.

Comment by Whichy
    May 18, 2007 @ 9:36 am
  5. Well, I’m pretty sure I’ve commented before, but I still see the ads. So here I am posting a comment again!! LOL The ads don’t bother me either way, as they aren’t really noticable, and I usually just read you through my rss feeder, anyway. I just click on the link if & when I want to say hi or make a comment.

Comment by Anastacia
    May 18, 2007 @ 10:00 am
  6. You may still see ads if you don’t have cookies enabled, recently cleared your cookies, or if you’re using a different browser. Are they gone now?

May 18, 2007 @ 10:04 am
  7. Oh that story is hilarious even if it isn’t real. My jaw did drop to think so many people would believe they were puppies. Too funny! :shock:

Comment by Rhonda the Stitchingnut