Tags: Future Knitting Plans, In Progress, Mittens, Orangina
Ah, summer. The time when the world’s knitters gather their metaphorical nuts and berries and stuff them in the bottom of tree trunks for the winter. The better planners would be beginning now for fall outerwear (or in California, fall beachwear) and winter Christmas presents (or in California, winter bacchanalia and hybrid car cozies).
Last October was when I started all my Christmas presents, and I thought I’d get them all finished. I didn’t, but I was close. This summer, I’m going to plan way in advance. This idea comes from Ali at Skeins Her Way, who’s running a brilliant contest where you list your knitting goals and three people win some delicious Organic Cotton from Blue Sky Alpacas. Go check her out! (And when you get there, tell her I sent you )
Ali appears to have great taste. Valpuri just came on the radar a little while ago and already it’s on her list for the summer, and I’m tempted to put it on mine as well! (Hold me back.) I’ve also decided to knit a shawl in every colour of the rainbow! Eventually, that is; one step at a time. I want to knit maybe two shawls this summer, in addition to some simpler projects. Here is my list of works in progress (which you can also see on the right):
- Orangina (swatched, waiting on a smaller set of needles)
- Elizabeth Zimmermann Baby Cardigan (the primary project I’m taking to the cottage for this weekend)
- A scarf for Dad (which I’ve decided to frog and re-knit narrower and/or with an alternative pattern)
- Felted Slippers
- Dashing (just needs some cable surgery)
- Dragon for Liz (this guy is in Toronto so he’ll have to wait a month, but all he needs is a head)
Here’s what I’m planning to start:
- At least two shawls (one in green for the garden party, one in pink maybe), of the following: Wrapped in Tradition or Shetland Triangle from Wrap Style, Luna Moth Shawl, Japanese Feather Stole, Lace Dream Stole (from Shawls & Scarves), Myrtle Leaf Shawl (from Victorian Lace Today), or Victorian Lace Shawl
- A lace parasol based on Victoria from Knitty
- A self-designed project
- A Somewhat Cowl for my mom
- A cardigan or two, maybe?
- Finish the lining for the Isabeau Purse for one of the twins
- Something for the other twin (I’m trying to be ambiguous)
- Something for my aunts and uncles
- Something for my parents
As a way to ensure “accountability,” I want to post versions of this list every week (usually on Friday or Saturday), with updates as to my progress and lots of pictures. I also have something neat planned for June, which I’ll be announcing on Monday. Take care!