Cable abbreviations

Sunday, June 24th, 2007
Tags: ,

If you abbreviate a left-leaning cable as C4F and a right-leaning cable as C4B, how do you abbreviate a cable where you hold the first 2 stitches to the back and then purl them instead of knitting them? Do you call it a slant instead of a cable? I’m not sure what the standard is.

Here’s a quick preview of something I’m working on right now. I’ll talk about it soon.

Chart Preview

Related Posts:

2 Comments to “Cable abbreviations”

  1. The Japanese put a little line underneath all purl stitches. See here, for an example of a cable thingy with a purl stitch.

    Comment by fleegle
    June 24, 2007 @ 2:52 pm
  2. I’ve seen those called twists, sometimes.

    For example, Inspired Cable Knits defines a T4B as “slip next 2 sts onto CN and hold at back, k2 from LH needle; then p2 from CN”.

    Comment by Yvonne
    June 24, 2007 @ 3:02 pm

Comments RSSGet a Gravatar

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.