Tags: Mittens, Saturday Pattern Day
If you are knitting or have already knit a pattern that I’m talking about, leave me a comment and I’ll update my post with a link to your version. If you’ve written up a pattern and you want me to link to it, send me an email or leave me a comment and I’ll post it! It makes the list longer and my job easier.
- Don’t knit Cecil unless you’re prepared to have it showered with mushy peas.
- If you knit Cisco, you can make your child look like a miniature Japanese teenager. (I like to imagine that all Japanese people wear wacky clothes and live on the covers of Gwen Stefani albums.)
- If you’re already preparing for Easter, here’s a pattern for knitted Easter eggs. And here’s another.
- These Picot edged mittens are mega-cute.
- Here’s a rough guide for a slouchy beret. I’ve not had success making hats for myself, so I might want to try something like this to fit over my hair, which is usually tied back and too big for my tighter hats.
- This Sheila Cape is so adorable!
- Bristol is a neck warmer, and it’s pretty classy.
- Brompton is a pretty cardigan pattern. I love the colour! But I like tighter-fitting sweaters so it may not be my style. The basket-weave stitch on the edges is really smart, though! Example here.
- I never realized there were lots of other Smariek patterns! Here’s a Heart Lace Cloth (in time for Valentine’s Day), Persephone Mitts, Swirl Hat, Osiris, Regina, and an Embossed Turtle.