We may not have enough science funding, and our Prime Minister might be a dork, but I love this country and I can’t imagine living anywhere else. Here are some things I love about Canada:
- Blueberries in Sudbury!
- Tommy Douglas, who brought us Universal Healthcare and was voted one of the greatest Canadians. Our healthcare system has saved millions of lives (especially the poor ones, which American media folks seem to have forgotten in their haste to bash the fake Canadian system they’ve conjured up from anecdotes about Medicare), including that of my aunt.
- Canadian David Suzuki. ‘Nuff said.
- Diversity in Toronto
- Beach on St. Joseph’s Island
- Canadian Snow
- A deer I ran into (on campus!) who was about 10m away but looks really far because I only had a cellphone camera
- Mr. Dressup
- The beau’s cottage
- Kingston Sheep Dog Trials